Get In Touch

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Restaurant Review: bd's Mongolian Grill

Share it Please
I'm going to start doing a completely new thing where I do restaurant reviews. I know some of you have dietary restrictions and that more often than not affects where you go out to eat, does it not? So, to help you out a little bit I thought I'd do these restaurant reviews to let you know how gluten-free friendly, vegan friendly, creative, etc. a restaurant is.

A picture of my leftover stir-fry. Which tasted almost better the next day!
Today I am reviewing bd's Mongolian Grill, which is one of my favorite places to eat. Ever. If you've never been to a mongolian grill, I'll let you know how it works. Basically, they give you an ordinary bowl to start with that you can fill with meat, noodles, vegetables, etc. They have all kinds of meat that ranges from tofu to sirlion, even calamari and duck! In the meat section of the table, there is also angel hair pasta, rice noodles, and a couple other types of pasta. But I usually eat rice and don't get any noodles. Now onto the vegetables!

They have a buttload of veggies. You have to be really selective and pack down those veggies or else your bowl will overflow onto the floor! You can get radishes, carrots, baby corn, edamame, black beans, potatoes, pineapple, and that's not even half of the things you can add.

And finally... the sauces. What I love about the sauces is that they clearly tell you which ones are gluten free which ones are vegetarian friendly and which ones are both. You can also add an egg, fresh garlic or ginger and a variety of ground spices.

But the best part of bd's Mongolian Grill is watching them stir-fry your bowl. They have this huge circular stone slab that the put your food directly onto. It's super hot and they have these awesome long stick thingys that they use to stir fry your food with. If you're concerned about gluten contamination or any other type of contamination they can take your bowl to the back room where it is specially stir fried.

What I love so much about this restaurant is that it's very allergen friendly and super customizeable. I am a complete control freak so being able to see what goes into my food is very comforting. The only problem I have with the restaurant is that it isn't the cheapest place to eat. But trust me, it's worth it! All in all, I highly recommend this restaurant and if you ever get the chance to go, take it! And if I haven't convinced you of how awesome bd's Mongolian Grill is yet, I can't help you.

Oh, and if gluten isn't a problem for you, order the bacon fried rice. It is sooo good!


Question of the Day:

Have you ever been to a Mongolian grill or a restaurant similar to it? If so, what was your experience? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media