Get In Touch

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Mango Yogurt Smoothie

Share it Please
I love smoothies. They're quick, easy, and almost always yummy.  I say almost always, because I've had a few smoothie mishaps. Let's just say that a chocolate covered strawberry smoothie with avocado in it was a bad idea... :\



My only problem with smoothies is that they can easily get boring, so it's good to have a variety of recipes just to switch things up with occassionally. And this recipe is the newest addition to my smoothie list! It's creamy, fruity, and tastes like this ice cream. Perfection? I think so. ;)


This smoothie sort of reminds me of sunshine. Liquid sunshine that makes you happy from the inside out. We all want to drink liquid sunshine, right? Or is that just me? In any case, this smoothie is still delicious and stupidly simple. So why not give it a go?

Based of this recipe

1/2 c. orange or mango juice
1/2 c. plain Greek yogurt (or non-dairy yogurt of choice)
3/4 c. frozen mango
2 T. ground flaxseed
1/2 c. protein powder of 1-2 T. collagen hydrolyslate (don't be scared by the name! It's just gelatin that doesn't solidfy)
dash cinnamon
1/2 tsp. lime juice
5-6 ice cubes
sweetner, to taste

1. Add all your ingredients to a blender and give it a whirl!
2. Pour into a glass, sip out of a straw, and add a fancy umbrella. Optional, but highly recommended. ;)



Inquiry of the Day:

Have you ever had any smoothie mishaps? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media