Get In Touch

Friday, February 7, 2014

"Fried" Pickle Chips

Share it Please
Fried pickles are a Midwest favorite. You can find them at any sports bar or even some local sandwich places. And they are a favorite rightly so. If you've never had a fried pickle before, you're definitely in for a treat. Imagine crispy, dill pickles dipped in a creamy ranch sauce. They're a nice break from the usual fries and burgers tradition.


This recipe passed my best recipe-testers: my family. They definitely are a very picky bunch and aren't afraid to tell me when something I make truly is horrible. So, you can trust my judgement when I say these pickles are superb.



I do use egg in this recipe, but you can easily substitute with milk or an egg substitute. And if you can't have corn, use all almond meal. If you don't want any almond meal, use all corn meal. It's really up to you. Although, I highly recommend serving the finished product with either ranch or a blue cheese dip. Oh, and, if you really want, you can fry instead of bake the pickle chips. But I can't vouch for the results if you fry them. It would definitely be worth trying, though.


1 16 oz. jar dill pickles
2 eggs
2 T. tapioca starch
2 T. almond flour
1 T. worcestshire sauce
1 tsp. hot sauce
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. corn meal
1/2 c. almond meal

1. Drain you pickles and pat them dry.
2. Grease a cooling rack (very well) and set it on top of a baking sheet.
3. In a small bowl, mix eggs, tapioca starch, almond flour, worcestshire, hot sauce, garlic, pepper, and salt together.
4. Stir together the almond and corn meal in a pie plate or plate.
5. Dip each pickle into the egg mixture, then the corn/amond meal mixture, and place on the cooling rack.
6. Broil for 6 minutes.
7. Serve immediately with ranch or a blue cheese dip.



Inquiry of the Day:

Lately, I've been trying to come up with more savory recipes to share with you guys. If you have any ideas please so say in the comments! I'm also looking for suggestions from readers. Or, if you'd like to guest blog, let me know about that, too. I'd be glad to let you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media